Translate

Sunday, August 19, 2012

Driving 101

My husband-to-be sent me to a driving school. Awesome. That's one of the coolest thing he said after "Will you marry me?" I was so happy and excited to get on the wheels. But yesterday.... it didn't meet my expectations. I thought it's easy.

He said it's just my first day and after three to four practices I should be okay. In my mind I was asking myself, "Why do I need to learn it?". He will drive for me anyway. Driving is driving me nuts! I need to look at my left side and right side, need to mind the gas and make sure it's 1.5 or 2. Tricycles and pedestrians, deep sigh. It's just too much thinking while driving. Why do I see the manong taxi drivers and jeepney driving looking very calm while driving? And why not me? Always in a panic state. I'm starting to hate driving.

I told my boyfriend everything I feel about this task. He said I will be okay, just needs practice. The reason why he wants me to learn is because it's good to know how to drive in case he's not around and I need to get something from somewhere. That's very nice of him. He empowers me and I like it.

I'm giving myself a chance. Today will be a better day and it will be a different instructor. I don't like yesterday's instructor because I think he lost his patience yesterday. I mistakenly shifted to gear four instead of two.



This is the photo my sister took while she was on the back seat. She's my chaperone.

No comments:

Post a Comment